This week I plowed through several of Daddio's ancient sewing projects. It helps to plop it all on the dining room table. I can't ignore it.
This was his last pieced project. I finally got the border on it. One of the last things he did in the sewing room was to cut all the squares and then bundle them together the way he wanted them sewn and that's exactly what I did. Here it is in all its wonky glory. Now it just needs to be sandwiched and quilted and it will be another done deal. The pile is getting smaller.
Speaking of a done deal, the flannel lap quilt is done. Completely done.
I'm going to take it to show him and then send it off to who he intended it for. He always had someone in mind when he made things.
Last but not least, I did make some headway on his pieced tumbler quilt top. It fits together better than this. I am working on the middle section that helps it all make sense but you get the idea. When it's all together I will have to do something with the edges so it too can be sandwiched and finished. One day soon, hopefully, I will actually get to do a quilting project that's mine from start to finish. My pile is pretty big too.
Thanks to everyone who left me suggestions on that little cross stitch project that is giving me fits. I'm putting them all to use and things are starting to feel better. I just may end up kicking its arse.