Thursday, January 15, 2015

Regeneration

If you are a fan of Dr. Who, you know what I'm talking about.


Old Doctors never die, they regenerate. They turn into something new. It's always a much anticipated and overwrought emotional saga filled with much sadness and pain. Such as it is with my stupid thumb.






Stop right here it you don't want to see it or read anymore about it. Instead look at the cute kitty and then come back tomorrow when I promise I'll be over my latest whining for sympathy.






 Kathy B asked to see what the hole that was drilled in it looked like. Ta dah and that's the good part. I won't show you the really icky area that is regenerating itself right before my horrified eyes. The whole nail has become very fragile and unstable. Useless. As far as I am concerned, this is even worse than the original boo boo and it's really freaking me out. Can you tell?

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, no amount of 'Red Hot Mama' nail polish will cover that! Do they still sell the banker' s fingertip made of rubber to cover/protect it and hide it from your view!?!
    Can you embrace the novelty of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Kathy B is the one who wants to take a looksee. I have total sympathy for you Araignee. I will be sending you some fun bandages next week. It sounds like it's enough time that even if I am slow to the post you'll still be able to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The human body is a pretty amazing - if growth thing. You gotta admit, as much as you're freaked out by it - the fact that your body can even do that is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOOL !!! I Love the picture. Thanks !!! Now it will heal even faster!! Im so glad you can still knit. I like the bankers fingertip idea for day time I'd let it air out at night

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, mine looked just about like that, minus the hole, as I never went to the dr. You'd never know it, now, 4 years later.

    ReplyDelete