Saturday, August 30, 2014

Warping Made Easy Part Two


 The next morning I made it to the point where I got to wind it all on all by myself. That is a big deal because normally you need two people but no one is ever around when you need them. With this method you separate the warp into bunches and then slowly wind and yank, wind and yank, and then wind and yank some more. I was terrified.



 I am happy to say that it all worked like a charm. It's all perfectly tied on with beautiful tension and ready for weaving.



 I just need to wait for my weft to show up in the mail. I'm out of the 8/2 cotton. As usual, I underestimated how much I needed.



 Let me acknowledge who made all this fun possible. There are tons of little tricks in this lesson that make things go very smoothly. I'm not so sure if it was without worry as the title promises but this technique works wonders with thin sticky cotton that needs to stay in a color pattern. I had the DVD running alongside me for two straight days and it was like someone was holding my hand the whole time.


 I also owe a lot of credit to my orange friend here. Sitting for hours at a loom is hard on the posterior but Mr. Bouncy sure helped.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm singing you Mr Roger' s I'm proud of you song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made me laugh. Love the ball seat! may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You have such patience. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with those pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete