Friday, August 15, 2014

Counting Your Blessings

 Facing another round of surgery and all those complicated preparations with Daddio once again, I was sitting here feeling pretty sorry for myself. I've been on this insane merry go round with him since March and I'm ready to get off. After moping around all morning, I got a reality check when I opened up my email and found this. It's Little Sister's just finished chemo cap she made for her walking buddy who quite out of the blue was informed she had stage 4 ovarian cancer. Ouch. Now that's something to be crying about.


Little Sister and I had briefly discussed patterns and yarn and I'm not sure but I think she may have used this design. This free pattern even has a how-to video for us crochet amateurs attached here.



You can find lots more free patterns and local organizations that collect donations of hats here.


2 comments:

  1. Yup, that's a good wake up call. It doesn't take away from the hard time you are having with your Dad but it does put things in perspective.right.quick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many blessing to you , daddio and your friend …..

    ReplyDelete