Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Lady of the Camellias

 I wasn't blessed with a green thumb but I can grow camellias. I've got giant bushes of them in three colors. They have a bit of frost damage this year due to it being so cold for so long but the later blooms-the ones with good sense and timing, are lovely.




They are too top heavy to be able to arrange with any grace but that doesn't stop me from trying. As pretty as they are, they don't smell like anything and I think that is such a pity.


 While outside picking them, I came across something mighty peculiar. One single blossom on my ginourmous pale pink bush was dark pink-now how did that happen? The dark pink bush is on the other side of the house. Hmmm...Camellia, you got some 'splaining to do.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Something's been going on during that long cold winter between those bushes! Flowers are indeed beautiful. How lucky that they are already blooming in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your Camelia has a long-distance lover!
    They are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful. I never grew any, but have always loved them.

    ReplyDelete