Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wash Day

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to wash ALL my handknit sweaters at the same time.

It is getting chilly and when I took them out to inspect them, they made me sneeze, so I dumped them all in the wash machine for a quick rinse.

As soon as I closed the lid I realized I couldn't put the wool ones in the dryer. Where on earth was I going to dry them? Outside was out of the question. The ragweed pollen would only make matters worse.

I've always hated the black wrought iron railings that surround the staircase but today I was blessing it. It holds a lot of knitted stuff and it is all drying beautifully.

 While I was at it, I also washed and blocked a few of my favorite wear-around-the-house shawls. It certainly makes a difference in them. I should do it more often.

1 comment:

  1. I have a large amount of knits that need handwashing.. but I've been putting it off.

    ReplyDelete