Sunday, September 16, 2012

Something Big

I threw my newly seamed blanket all over the deck trying to get a photo that showed its size.

Unless I put a body part or two in the shot, it looked like a dishcloth.

I stood on it, wrapped myself in it and lay on top of it. I must have looked like an idiot trying to make this thing look as big as it is. The seaming isn't perfect but neither is the weaving so I'm calling this done and moving on.

Well, almost done. I still need to hem the ends that I zigzagged and then cut off. Due to its size, getting it straight was a lot harder than I expected so I was only slightly successful. I could care less at this point. After two years, I can't wait to throw it in the washing machine to fluff it up for it's first snuggle night on the couch.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's imperfections make it all the more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! Those snuggle nights on the couch are fast approaching too..........we've already had a few here in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete