Yes, I did it again. I spent all night warping another doubleweave disaster. I just knew I had figured out the bugs but apparently, I didn't. Not even close.
It was a promising start and for a short time I thought I had
nailed it but noooooo.This time the carnage was all cheapo stash leftovers so I am not too terribly upset.
There were too many missed warps and goofy bobbles on the underside. The pickup sticks don't pull the sheds open enough to really see what's going on so it is very easy to snag an errant thread here and there. Other than crawling under the loom after every lower row, there is no way to make sure it's all worked out and I am too old to be doing that. I think this is it, I'm done and this time I really mean it.
The problem is that I am trying to make this Ashford Knitter's Loom.....
...do what this Schacht Baby Wolf can do and it's not going to work. What I really need to do is to buy one of these but at $1540 this is a luxury I can't quite justify-yet.