Wednesday, March 14, 2012
You've Got to Be Kidding Part 2
Since I was in the process of washing wool when the bobbin popping tragedy occurred, I decided I may as well dye more locks and get on with it instead of boo-hooing all afternoon.
Once again I worked from the sink.
The clean locks were soaked in a vinegar solution before I dunked them into the jars.
The locks have be rolled around carefully in the dye of they will fall apart and become a tangled mess.
These are the jars I used last summer to solar dye but in March the sun isn't going to do it. I gave some of them a spin the microwave.
The other half got a steam bath in the old crab pot.
I know that they are not going to match the originals but they'll just have to do.