Sunday, March 25, 2012

Payback



The basket of roving I keep by the spinning wheels was looking pretty empty so I enlisted the aid of Daddio to do some damage to that big bag of fleece in the shed. I'm always helping him out on his quilts-so fair is fair.



I had him bag up some dirty stuff for washing.



While he was pinning, I was dyeing some recently washed locks. I have been a bit more adventurous with the dye lately by adding the locks and water gradually to produce a variation in color.




While I was fooling around with the dye pots, I put him to work cranking some already dried locks.



He has as a much better eye for color than I do so it was no surprise that in no time at all I ended up with bags and bags of pretty roving.



Now I need to teach him to spin.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you spend time with your Dad like this. My dad and I share a love of books and ancient weaponry - but he could care less about my fibre crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been another wonderful day with your father. And look at what you'll be able to spin!!!

    ReplyDelete