Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Flight has Landed!



The Flight Path KAL is over and my hat is done. There were several times during this experience that I wondered what on earth I had gotten into.



There were circular cast ons, crazy hem bind offs and picot edges. I am not even going to mention the duplicate stitch that I opted out of. I just embroidered the beak and I think it looks fine. The final border spells out "spread your wings" and looks amazing although following the chart made me cross-eyed at times.



Part of the deal is to photograph the hat in unusual places and post them in the project thread for prizes.



This is the best I could do. Around here the best birds are of the water variety. I was just hoping that my new little hat wasn't going to make like a bird and fly away to sea. It was a very windy morning.

3 comments:

  1. That hat looks a lot of work. What do the letters around the brim mean?
    It turned out well though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops...thanks for reminding me. I forgot to write about the words and I really wanted to. I edited the post to explain.

      Delete