Monday, January 23, 2012

A Rainbow in a Box



Knit Picks lovers are all up in a snit because of the recent rather steep price increases. It's not that they think that Knit Picks doesn't deserve to make a profit, it's just that after all the other ginormous price increases that we are being stuck with on what seems like a daily basis, people have had enough. Knitters included. Everyone remembers what happened with Netflix. I quit 'em and I haven't looked back. I don't miss that little red envelope at all.



I have to confess that I, too, was disappointed by Knit Picks, at first. The people who were "passionately committed to affordable luxury knitting" were now sticking it to us as well. All of a sudden, things I took for granted were out of reach (yes, I mean you, Palette). I got over it pretty quick however, when I saw that some Chroma colors were on sale. I snatched up four balls of clearance colors. Sweet-but I still have to wonder how their PR people let them podcast about Kelly's new retirement home in Mexico at the same time they were crying poor mouth to their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment