Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Re-Do



As you can see, I just couldn't leave well enough alone. I just had to dye that pale Polwarth again.



What sealed this wool's fate was finding the last remaining bit of my 2009 Easter egg dyed wool. This year's is on the left, 2009 is on the right. It's the same dye brand, in the same vinegar/water mix but the results are not even close.



I had to dig the old wool and spindle out of exile. I am not sure what my intentions were here. I suspect I was just spinning it to spin with no actual project in mind.



I mixed another batch of the same egg dye and this time left out the water. I tried to get the same colors to cover the same colors which was not easy with the mish mash it had all become.
The colors are a bit deeper but it still does not rival 2009.
The other variable, of course is the wool. I know what I dyed on Sunday but I have no idea what that other stuff is. What I do know is that the poor Polwarth has been through quite enough. It deserves a good, long rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment