Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Precious Cargo



My tiny spindles are fragile and expensive and I love them. I worry about them all the time. I have been carrying them all around in a giant jumble in a large stacking box just asking for a major catastrophe to occur.



Today I found the perfect solution at AC Moore's. Small stackable boxes that hold 2 spindles at a time in a position where they can't roll with a compartment below for storing bits of fiber. Now I can safely drop them in my bag for on-the-go spindling without fear of them banging into each other and bending those little hooks. Now if I can just think of a way to keep from dropping them on the floor. As careful as I am, from time to time they escape with a sickening crash. I can only imagine how bad it's going to feel when I finally manage to break one. I have thought about carrying a small pillow around to spindle over, but that's just crazy. Right?

2 comments:

  1. I carry my spindle and fibre in a cardboard tube designed to hold a bottle of whisky although I think I must cover it with something to prevent looking like an alchoholic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny..but actually not a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete