Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Classic



I love to knit fancy things. Lace. Cables. Colorwork. All fun to do but not fun to wear. At least for me. I am a plain Jane. I like everything simple. My plain old vanilla seamless raglans get the most wear-by far. When I saw the Classic Lines Cardigan over on Knit Picks, I knew that someday it would be mine. Someday is here because I just got finished casting it on in Vineyard and Spice. One sleeve, that is. You use two strands of lace weight held together and every 6th row you throw in another strand of a contrasting variegated lace weight. I love the way that looks.



I have managed to make gauge, but the sleeve still seems enormous. I like my sweaters baggy but I don't want to look like a bag lady. I am planning on knitting a few more inches before I decide if this is going off to the frog pond. I improvised a straight hem off two needles in order to skip the sewn in hem and almost had a brain hemorrhage trying to figure it out, so I am not quite ready to rip it all out and start over just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment