Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Have Seen Hell And It Is Paved With Wool



Post #2: written after the morning's optimism wore off:

93 degrees. Hot barns. Hot tents. Hot wooly animals. Hot giant crowds of grouchy people. This year's Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival was a total bust for me. I don't do hot. I arrived by 10 am and immediately peeled off all the wooly stuff I had put on this morning. Carrying my felted bag on my shoulder was torture enough.



This was the ONLY place to hang out except for maybe the snow cone booth. Going into the vendors booth was like walking into an oven. I felt very sorry for all those folks trying to put on a happy face in spite of the sweltering conditions.



Here is my miserable self just before I bolted out of the place. There is very little in those bags to share but as soon as I am in my right mind again, I'll post about the few things I came home with.
Oh well. There's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment