skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Wednesday WIPs
Chestnut's has a body!
I added one more peerie from the chart that will be joined at the shoulders and then cut away for the neck.
Now it's time to start the sleeves and I've got the big idea to knit them both at the same time like I do socks. I bought another 16 inch size 3 needle to be able to do this. Needles have gotten very expensive but I suppose everything has.
I also needed more wool for those sleeves and was HORRIFIED to learn that Knit Picks has discontinued some of the colors I needed.
Thankfully my yarn hoarding habit came to the rescue. Several of the very old kits I have stacked up in my stash closet include those colors. I'll be cannibalizing them soon. And always remember.....
Your color work is amazing - so BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats on the body being finished.
ReplyDeleteChestnut is gorgeous and thank you for the reminder that it's always a good idea to hoard yarn!
ReplyDeleteI haven't bought needles in ages - I don't even want to know what they cost now!
ReplyDeleteGreat progress on the Chestnut--so glad you were able to find the right yarn for making the sleeves!
ReplyDeleteAnd that's why we have yarn storage. You never know when you will need it!
ReplyDeleteIt's a hard thing to lose Dolly. I don't think I've every heard anything bad about her. She was loved by many.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Stash to the rescue. I broke a needle last week and went to the yarn shop for a new one. Yikes, yes they are getting expensive.
ReplyDelete