skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Friday Fluff: Vuelta Week 1
How it started.
How it ended. This was that snarly, compacted fiber that I had to abandon on the drop spindles during the TdF and finish on the wheel. I wanted to chain ply it to get a thicker yarn but it kept breaking so it's a 2 ply. What's to become of it, I have no idea.
Up next is this Shaniko fiber I picked up at the MDSW.
I don't seem to be able to find much time while the Vuelta is on in the morning to just sit and knit but I did get back into the blue again this week on the Unicorn Barf Pi Shawl.
\
I did finish the Wonky Thermal Mitts this week but haven't woven in the ends. I did run out of the first ball and was very happy that the second ball was as equally wonky. They may look crazy but they will be warm.
Fun mitts and you know I love your Pi Shawl (I will never knit one, but I like yours).
ReplyDeleteThe mystery of spinning--what it looks like, what you expect and what you get don't always jive! Still, very pretty handspun results! The shawl is really growing!
ReplyDeleteI read "Shaniko" as "Shakira." That would be an entirely different thing.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you could celebrate the wonkiness and I hope you are not desperately hot knitting that huge Pi shawl!
ReplyDeleteI remember being surprised by what I finally ended up with when spinning fiber. I really do miss it. Love the autumn colors in your skein. The Pi shawl looks good and those mitts will be needed this winter, although it doesn't feel like it now.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Betsy
I think the mitts look great. It's fun to have a little cheerful wonkiness during the gray winter. I have been hearing a lot about Shaniko wool. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.
ReplyDeleteThey are all looking great - but I still love Pi the best.
ReplyDelete