Saturday, August 8, 2026

Happy Birthday Times Three

 

August was a big month for birthdays when we had a house full of kids. This was from 1987. We have two birthdays on the 8th and one on the 9th. Look at all those cakes. 



First up was Middle Son. The Little Girl in the first photo is The Mister's oldest from his first marriage. They share the same day. 




This is Daughter on her first birthday. Her big day is tomorrow. All of my kids are floating around in their mid or late 40's now. Ouf. 



You can tell how much I really got into these things back then. I miss all those kids. I miss all that cake.






9 comments:

  1. Those cakes do look impressive! There is nothing that makes me feel older than my kids getting older, but Happy Birthday to all of your celebrants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to all your kiddos. Birthdays are still fun even if you are not a kid anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The streamers, though!
    I will never get over little girls and their handbags. What they have in them is always a journey. My daughter once had crayons, one Barbie shoe, a book, and a figurine of a unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to all - cakes always look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthdays all around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to all of your kids! Today is our kids in Londons fifth anniversary. Can you believe it was so that long ago that we went over there for the festivities during Covid?
    I would love to help sample all of the cakes in your photos. I do have a huge sweet tooth. I like your costume too. You are a great Mom to go to those lengths. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful memories! Happy birthday to your grown up children!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's our December - right on top of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete