skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hemmed In
Whew.....back to where I started and it all looks like it's going to work out this time.
Here is the back of the loom where I spent a great deal of time over the past few weeks straightening out and then threading each of the 300 plus strands of cotton.
There was one scary moment where it looked like I made another threading error but it was just a twist in the strand and it was an easy fix. I was beyond relieved when the hem was finished.
The first bit of weaving is just to get everything situated. It's cut away from the towel. The towel starts at the hem and I use this very fine thread so I can turn it under without a lot of bulk. It's always a big moment of truth.
That's all my heart could manage in one sitting. Stressed out is an under statement. Now I can get to the fun part. I have to decide on the order of colors and start winding bobbins so I can start the pattern. This is going to be one crazy looking towel.
What a colorful weaving project!! Love all the colors.
ReplyDeleteWell done! Now that you've got this on the loom the colors are growing on me. I'm looking forward to seeing the crazy towel progress.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a beautiful rainbow! I don't know how you have the patience for it.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Betsy
i don't know how you keep all that straight!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the process but don't understand half of what you are explaining. It's seems like magic when you end up with a beautiful towel.
ReplyDeleteI admire your weaving. It's all Greek to me but I enjoy following along.
ReplyDeleteYippee! I'm so glad for your success! It's going to be a very cheerful weaving time now!
ReplyDelete