Friday, August 7, 2026

Friday Fluff: Vive les Femmes

 

Unlike the men's Tour that starts at dawn, the women's Tour doesn't start until 9:45 every morning. It's been nice being able to get the chores done before I sit down in front of the wheel and watch. This week I got the purple finished so my pastel minis are done. I have no idea what to do with them at the moment but I'm sure something will come to me.



The remainder of the fiber I was spinning on the drop spindles during the men's Tour is now on the wheel. I gave up using the spindles because the fiber was very snarly. It wasn't drafting very well and I was over fighting with it.



The shorter broadcast of the ladies event doesn't give me much time so I spend most of it knitting with handspun instead of making more. That's the second Wonky Thermal Mitt being worked on and another pi shawl made from some Polwarth I spun in 2015. I had dyed it myself and called it Unicorn Barf. It's certainly an eye full but it's been fun to work with. 




6 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll do something good with the pastel minis, but for now I quite like seeing them all in a row like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful array of pastels in the new handspun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely spinning. I bet you will find a project for the pastel mini-skeins. I do love knitting with handspun. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Unicorn Barf colors! Really I do. I finished a baby blanket today and I'm trying to decide what to do next.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete