Friday, August 21, 2026

Figs on Friday

 

We found figs at the Farmer's Market this week.



I used to have a giant fig tree and Back to School time always meant making fig jam. 



I put Betty to work making lots of bread and bagels this week so that little pot of jam won't last long.


Betty has also made some banana bread, a pineapple upside down cake and a strawberry shortcake in the past few weeks. There seems to be no end of things to do with her leftovers.









6 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I sure hope the figs on my tree grow a bit more AND ripen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave and I have been debating buying a fig tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had breakfast yet, but I'm certainly hungry after seeing all the delicious things you've made! I've made several loaves of zucchini bread but now I want banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are quite an aficionado when it comes to Betty-recipes! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever tried fig jam but I like fig newtons! :-
    Betty keeps herself busy. Everything looks SO good.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know that I've ever tasted figs. Maybe I should remedy that. I saw an IG post by King Arthur featuring all kinds of baked goods that called for sourdough starter, including some chocolate cookies. I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete