Sunday, August 30, 2026

As the Fur Flies

 

The Mister is holding his annual crab thing with the family today. I usually spend days cleaning and getting ready but he wanted to play golf with SIL on Tuesday. That could only happen if I went up with him and wrangled the Grands so Daughter, who is on vacation this week, could get some things done. The problem is that I put my back out of whack again that day so I'm back on the ice packs and heating pad. He had to step up and follow my directions to get things done which never goes well. The fur was flying and it wasn't all cat hair. 



He's always been of the opinion that you shouldn't have to clean anything when company is coming so it was a hard sell to get him going but he finally did. Every nook and cranny got a good going over. I paid him for all his hard work by ordering in Mexican. It would have been a good deal if the restaurant had remembered to include the tortillas for our fajitas. It meant a mad dash for him back to the place to pick them up in the middle of a terrific thunderstorm. What a day. For his sake, I hope today goes better. 





4 comments:

  1. The house is clean, you enjoyed Mexican food, and crabs today! It sounds wonderful and I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've all lived through those kinds of days! I hope today is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like great fun. We've been without internet for two days at the campground in Helena so I'm behind in blogs again. On the upside we got to see our son and his family this weekend and that was wonderful. We're driving through Montana right now on our way to Spokane. YaY!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very lucky that Dave takes over most of the deep cleaning duties when company is coming, There are still a few things I have to do myself.... he doesn't see a need to mop our ugly floors because they will still be ugly. But Id rather have clean ugly floors than messy ones.

    ReplyDelete