Tuesday, July 21, 2026

TNT: Sticking With It

 

I finished the sewing machine this week. It was a lot of white fill which is never any fun. My backstitching always leaves me in a tizzy because I'm terrible at it. I think I need to change needles because my regular stitching needle can't seem to get through the jumble of stitches and nothing is lining up as it should. 



The needlepoint project still has my attention. I have one more color of background blue to stitch and then this block is done. 



Dear Jane looks like this. I had to sort out another bag of pieces for blocks E 7-13. That's never any fun but I think I've got it figured out. I always did like puzzles. 




I've started another block on the Patchwork quilt. This one holds a special place in my memory because it was the first block I paper pieced back in October of 2024. I remember that day so clearly because Pup had just had surgery and I started working on this to keep myself busy while living on the floor with her for several weeks to keep her from tearing out the stitches from a biopsy (negative) that she had on her shoulder. It's not at all like me to finish things that I start on a whim like this but somehow this one took. Eight more blocks to quilt and then a bunch of little doo dads and this will be a FO. I can hardly believe it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment