Monday, January 30, 2023

Lost In Space

 

After cleaning and setting up my soap table yesterday morning I realized that I hadn't ordered everything I needed so it looks like soap week will have to be next week. I was disappointed but it was nice to have the whole table cleared. I have something big that needed attention. 



The fall batik quilt has been sitting here so long that it was dusty. I had to clean it up before I could use my chalk pounce on it to make out some quilting designs. I thought I might venture outside my usual squiggle and try something a bit fancier this time around. 




I've only worked up the nerve to try this once before and it didn't go so well. 




It's not turning out too bad this time but it's hard to wrap my head around how to get from place to place without having to  start and stop all the time which is a pain. It's going to take some experimenting.... 



....and the willingness to pick out a lot of ugly stitches. It's a good thing I don't mind doing it because it's a very big quilt with a lot of room for error. 




4 comments:

  1. That will be so pretty when finished!! Love batiks and the fall colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt. I can’t imagine quilting on a regular machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt that is going to be! Your soap is amazing. Hope your ingredients come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is definitely a learning curve! It's going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete