Thursday, August 6, 2020

Tiny Needles and More


With all the excitement we've had, I've only made it half way across the lawn this week. At this rate I'll be somewhere in my 90's before this thing is done. I know slow and steady wins the race. I've got the slow. I need the steady.



I did get another of Dad's Nine Patch blocks quilted. That makes four so far. I didn't get much done this week but at least I'm no longer having to wrap my fingers in electrical tape. 




I've had more going on in the card room this week than in the sewing room. I had cards to make for my Aunt and Dad's lady friend who I haven't been able to see since the pandemic. I send them a card from time to time to let them know I'm still thinking of them.



We also have several birthdays coming up this weekend. I was trying to come up with a kitty card for Daughter but so far no luck. I like the kitty but not much else. It was back to the drawing board with this one.


This is better. I heat embossed the kitties and cut them out and glued them on a kitty background that I had made by using some Versamark on the cardstock. Middle Son's birthday is Saturday so it's back to work on something for him.



6 comments:

  1. It looks like you're making progress on everything even with the crazy week you've had to deal with. I haven't had a chance to cross-stitch on the sheep virtues at all. I need to get the prayer shawl finished and then I'm going to finish the sheep. I love them. Thank you again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are keeping busy despite the distraction of a major storm. You amaze me with all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make beautiful cards. I know everyone that gets one must love them .......a card is nice. A handmade card is really something special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Card making looks relaxing and satisfying, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the design you are quilting on the nine patch quilt. Just perfect! The birthday card for your daughter is awesome. The other cards are really neat also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to get some needlework going - you are making progress, we see it! The cards are beautiful but so is keeping in touch; more now than ever.

    ReplyDelete