Sunday, February 2, 2020

Super Sew Sew Sunday

 This is my last football Sunday. It's my last uninterrupted sewing time until next season. Sigh. I spent yesterday shoveling out my sewing corner so I could get to it today.



Between the piles of stuff and the soap making mess the place has been a disaster. It was good to give it a good cleaning and bring the sewing projects out again.



 Poor Dear Jane is stuck behind the spinning piles. She's a goner for the duration I'm sad to say. I'm not shifting one more box.



I can still get to the machines and the latest quilting project. I sat down last night just to organize it and re-familiarize myself with the pattern and the next thing I knew I had made more two units in no time.



 Then I made another.  Now I only need five more. I might just get this one finished before spring after all.



 I also took the Juki out for a test drive on the Dresden. I only had one block left to do and it's pretty much done. I just need to get in and echo those petals. I'll do that today.



Then there was the hand quilting project. I have to admit my heart sank when I saw how much I still have to do but when I sat down in the afternoon sunshine and stitched a small section I remembered why I do this. It's brain candy. I felt so much better for doing it.

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're very happy to be back at the sewing machines. Your quilts are all so beautiful. I agree with the hand quilting. I've always enjoyed the rhythm of it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all such lovely projects! Working on them has to make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little bit of this. A little bit of that and some day, it will all be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such beautiful quilting projects in the works. It is good to see them again. I am amazed that you are able to shift everything around so you can use your sewing studio. Hope you have an awesome sewing day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my soap arrived yesterday Thank you so much!!! it is lovely as is the card and the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice afternoon doing fabric-love is just what you needed! Good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brain candy...that is perfect...I have a whole quilt to do:)

    ReplyDelete