Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Big Needle Wednesday: Lots of Finishes


 Ta dah.....my last pair of socks are off the needles. They are Hawthorne and they are Jade Island and I love them. We bonded so they are not going in the gift bag. My next Hawthorne adventure will be man socks in The Pearl colorway for The Mister.



 The Bosc Pear Shawl is finished minus the picot bind off. I'll tackle that tomorrow.



 The Mosi hat is done. I'm starting another in browns for me.


The Northern Lights hat is a done deal. It fits, barely. Daughter's Mandelbrot is also done but she wants a pompom. I need to go diving in the handspun bin to make one of these for me. I really liked making it and as I've said, as a rule, I hate making hats.


Then there is the Halloween Tricks sock. I'm making a spider and it's been...interesting. The pattern is in dark purple and black so trying to figure out the chart has not been fun.



The Where the Wind Blows Cardi is on the last lace repeat before I divide for the body. It's not a slog but it looks so big. I checked my gauge and it was okay so I'll just knit on in spite of my knitting alarm going off.


Finally, with no drama at all I give you my dear little washcloth. I add one petal a day for a warm up and I have to say most days it's my favorite part of the knitting chores.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects. That yarn is going to make GREAT man socks. I love the dishcloth at the end. That color of Sugar 'n Cream is one of my favorites. I love knitting with it to watch the colors come around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you don't like knitting hats--you do such beautiful work! The new hat in browns will be delicious! I'm glad you like the Hawthorne socks for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your projects and have just added the Bosc Pear shawl to my Rav que. I'm also sitting here realizing that as much as I love Hawthorne, I've never knit socks with it. Must add that to my to-do list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of finishes today! Love them all and I think that yarn will make a great pair of socks for the Mister. Your dishcloth is in one of my favorite colors. The Bosc Pear shawl is definitely going to be a winner in my book!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What absolutely wonderful projects!!! Those Halloween Tricks socks are going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hats are stunning, and the brown one will be, too. Glad that you bonded with the Hawthorne socks - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so busy!! LOve seeing all your projects!

    ReplyDelete