Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 Miss Wisdom is done!


 Up next in September (all ready?) are two Miss Friendships and a pot of flowers.



The best thing I can say about the crewel adventure is that I got it kitted up in a plastic box so it's more user friendly. Nothing kills a project for me quicker than having to dig it out to work on it.



Another struggle I had with it this week was finding something to stretch in on. My regular embroidery hoops didn't do the job with the slick linen. I had an old knock off Q Snap that I got from Micheal's that I hated for cross stitch but it works great with this project when I stick in in my floor stand. You need both hands with this stuff and apparently more stitching talent than I possess but ugly as it is I am enjoying it so it's not all bad.



And.....I found one more of Erica Wilson's Beatrix Potter crewel kits to add to my collection. I need to get over this obsession soon. I really don't need another thing to work on.

9 comments:

  1. Little Miss Wisdom is quite adorable. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute new Beatrix Potter kit! And, of course, you know I love the sheep. I'm glad you are enjoying the tiny needles. I should get mine out sometime too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty wise sheep! I bet whe is good at math, her coat is very geometrical. Liana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on one more sheep finish - very cute. I love your crewel piece! I do NOT need to be tempted though - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss wisdom is nice month's work! The projects do seem to accumulate, don't they?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Wisdom's body is unique and very pretty. I enjoy seeing your progress on this sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Miss Wisdom might be my favorite one so far! I have the feeling your crewel work may be like knitting lace - doesn't look so great while you're doing it, but once it's finished...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sheep sampler is just beautiful and it's not even complete. What a cute Beatrix Potter bunny.

    ReplyDelete