Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Big Needle Wednesday

 I've got two more petals on the dishcloth and it's a done deal. I really like this Dishie. It's stiff enough to be useful but it also has some spring in it. Knitting with it is not a slog.



 The Bosc Pear shawl that I am knitting with my wonky handspun has another repeat done.




 There are 14 more rows on the Follow and Lead scarf but you can't tell. This is the black hole of knitting. That's Malabrigo lace btw.



 I am shaping the top of the wonky handspun Northern Lights hat but I have a dilemma. That's a provisional cast on at the bottom. I need to block it before I knit a liner to see if it's worth the trouble but I don't want to felt those live stitches. I think I am going to have to put it on a cable first.  That's going to be an adventure.



The socks are progressing slowly. Everyone is past the heel now. From left to right, that's Hawthorne in the Jade Island colorway, Lang's Jawoll, and Wandering Cat's Barn Cat in the Laguna colorway. I knit socks while I watch mindless TV but at the moment I am bingeing Mindhunter on Netflix and that is anything but mindless.

12 comments:

  1. That pinky-green is just the perfect color for the Bosc Pear shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I'm impressed by all of your knitted projects, but my favorite is your handspun shawl. It is gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful, but I'm still loving Northern Lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The handspun is lovely in that shawl pattern! As usual, a tiny bit jealous of your socks because I've never had the courage to try knitting socks! They're all really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that Follow the Lead feels amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I was completely wrong about all my recent sock yarn guesses! Thanks for sharing the yarns you used. I LOVE the one on the right. I'm also happy to hear good reports on Dishie. I despise knitting with cotton but just ordered a bunch of Dishie because it was on clearance. Don't know what I was thinking other than 'yarn!" And that hat! You Must finish it! Even if you just give it to some 4 year old you meet on the street. It's too pretty not to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful knitting projects! The lace shawl looks so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, ,I am no expert at all, but I sometimes just spritz the item for shaping and blocking. I don't actually get it really wet. So that might help prevent felting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of stitching going on. The handspun is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun knitting for the most part-but that shawl-wowza! That is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete