Sunday, August 12, 2018

Palette Cleanser


Even though I've been spending a lot of time making soap this week, I've also found time to satisfy my watercolor swatching obsession. My main goal was to figure out color wheels using my Daniel Smith Essential Set. How hard could that be? It was hard. I never got one I liked. This is going to be a work in progress. I'm not giving up.



I did make the swatch for the weird little pull out paints I got a few weeks ago. It was fun. Those odd little paints are actually quite nice.



My new acquisition was a set of Daniel Smith Primoteks. They are watercolors made from minerals. They are very unusual, kind of grainy. The amethyst is actually sparkly. I like sparkles.




 My big project was to make a big color mixing chart using my Mission watercolor set. I saw someone do this on You Tube so I had to do it too. They used washi tape to mark off the colors and I have tons of skinny washi tape which worked perfectly.



 There was a lot of mixing going on and my new BIG palette came in handy. I had no idea it was so big when I ordered it but now I am glad I have it.


 My other new palette was the one on the right. It's just a flat piece of quarter inch plastic I found on a stamping site for about $4. You can't beat that. Sometimes I hate all the little wells. They are hard to clean and I like a clean palette when I play.

5 comments:

  1. How do you do it? I just read on Kathy’s blog about planning the skating program too. You continually amaze me. Do you sleep?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! I can feel the relaxing work of all those palette paintings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I am amazed at your creativity and all you get done. I love the look of watercolors, they are such a special talent. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working with colors is so intimidating to me so I like this technique! It seems like a "safe" way to experiment before I dive into yarn or fabric purchases.

    ReplyDelete