Sunday, July 15, 2018

Ooops...

 I tied on the latest warp and started weaving the first few rows of plain weave for a hem when something felt very wrong. The shuttle kept getting hung up with every pass.




I looked around and discovered.....I had forgotten to remove the raddle. That's the doohicky that spreads the yarn out while you thread everything. It also holds the yarn up over the back beam so the yarn was sitting higher than usual. Whooops....


The Mister and I carefully unwound it and then pulled it off. No harm done. In spite of the drama, this easy weave is just what I needed after that last epic overshot project. The only problem with simple patterns is that it is sometimes hard to tell where you are when you get distracted. I am hoping using that white thread will help me find my place because I am pretty much always distracted.

6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful pattern. I’m always amazed at weaving. It all looks so confusing to me.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weaving intimidates me, but I'd love to try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty pattern. I love the colors. They remind me of fall and what could be better during the dog days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to fix it and weave on! This is going to be a very pretty towel!
    Good idea with the white thread-in a perfect world, we would remember where we are in a pattern but well, you know!

    ReplyDelete