Saturday, July 7, 2018

Le Grand Depart!

 The Tour de Fleece has officially begun. That means for the next few weeks I will be boring you to death with way too many posts about fiber.



Stuff like this. I've been peddling like a madman all week trying to get the Ladybug free so I could start something new today. This superwash Merino has been hogging the wheel since early spring.



This is my official TdF entry.



 I picked it up at this year's MDSW. It was a festival colorway. I love festival colorways.



 The Traveler still has the Merino fleece experiment on it and will have for ages.



 I've got a giant tub of locks I am spinning one by one in a rather willy nilly fashion.



 The Traditional is empty. I'm not sure what's going on her.


 I am supposed to be spinning all the rolags I should have made from the fleece of this little Miss but alas....the wet spring and the early hot summer squashed my dreams for fleece washing this year. I may do a handful or two but I really don't even want to go out to the fleece shed at the moment. It's that bad out there.



I haven't even finished the sample from the few rolags I did manage to get done back in May. Maybe that should be my only goal this year.



 Having said all that, what I really want to do for the next three weeks is spin this. It's cotton. It's hard to spin but I like the idea of cotton. It's just too hot and humid to have any nice thoughts about wool.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you've got some fabulous fiber to spin, and I'm looking forward to posts on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see how that's festival fleece spins up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to watch what you're spinning! Allez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you definitely will never run out of projects. It all looks so pretty. Hope you are having a beautiful day like I am having (in Virginia) today. Temperature in the 70s and low humidity. What an absolutely perfect day. Unfortunately, it won't last but sure is nice today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That official spin for the TDF looks delicious-enjoy spinning it and don't worry about the rest today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spinning cotton sounds hard, but what a great yarn when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness you have been busy and I have go t myself far behind in reading posts. Those crabs looked so yummy. The fireworks must have been so beautiful against the water. Good luck with the Tour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're in for some serious fun! Have a little extra fun on THE Tour for me, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to se you spinning cotton!

    ReplyDelete