Thursday, May 3, 2018

And Then There Were None


Now you see it.



Now you don't.



We have been having a run of warm, sunny weather so I went ahead and washed the very last fleece I had in the shed. My big bin is empty now and I think it needs to stay that way. I've got more than enough fiber to keep me busy for years.



Truth be told, I am not the greatest at going from sheep to sweater.



 As much as I enjoy the process, the product is always a bit of an itchy disappointment. This is Winston the Shetland on his very first wash back in 2014. He started out as lovely locks. Yesterday I washed the dregs. I should have tossed them but he was such a pretty fleece.



 Last night I sat on the deck and carded a bit. It was such a beautiful evening.



Not much but it's a start.



Since most of him became a vest, just maybe I will get enough for a matching pair of mitts. Having said all this I realize that on Saturday I will more than likely be rummaging around in the fleece shed at the MDSW. The only thing saving me is that last year the prices were terrible and the pickings slim. If I'm lucky it will be that way again this year because I DON'T NEED ANYMORE FLEECE.

9 comments:

  1. Lucky you going to the MDSW festival. I’m jealous and hopefully there will be NO mud this year. :-). No more fleece? Good luck with that! I think that’s a bit like telling me no more yarn.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winston sure knit up nicely. But, MAN! That's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be gratifying to work from fleece to sweater.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Mom always tells me the woman who dies with the biggest stash wins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a TON of work!!!

    Should be a great weekend for MDSW (if not too hot...). Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Repeat after me......
    LoL! It's always nice to have one on hand.
    You do a great job on processing them-it is a lot of work but lovely to work with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you spinners. Thank goodness I have no interest in a fleece stash. I'm not sure there is room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun at MDSW and good luck avoiding the fleece! Love that grey yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. NONSENSE! One always needs more fleece!! You get yourself to that fest and get more fleece.....I can't make the trip so I'm living vicariously through you! LOL

    ReplyDelete