Friday, November 27, 2015

How It Was

I'd forgotten how much work a Thanksgiving dinner is. It's days of prepping and then in a blink of an eye there's a giant mess to clean up.


 The day started out calm enough. After the cleaning marathon of the day before, putting out the finery was a simple enough task.


It's nice when my house looks like a house instead of a wool processing plant.



The new towels made it into service, wrinkled as they may be.


 The maple bacon cookies weren't half bad. They taste like burnt Christmas cookies and I am very fond of burnt cookies.


 The cranberry sangria was yummy.


The fresh veggies were the big hit. The canned casseroles not so much. Lesson learned.


 Grandson Number One had crayons and a tablecloth made for coloring on the kiddie table. It kept his attention for about a minute and a half.


Grandson Number Two was a bundle of smiles and giggles on his very first Thanksgiving. I've never seen such a happy baby.



 Son in Law brought a pumpkin cheesecake. Yummo. I have a big slice in the fridge for later. So does The Mister.



Daughter in Law brought this incredible ice cream from the Nicecream Factory that is made by a special process using liquid nitrogen. They make it fresh right in front of you. I confess I ate all the  chocolate sea salt leftovers as soon as the last guest left. It was a good day.





4 comments:

  1. I almost took a pic of the mess, too! It is monumental!
    I'm glad you had a wonderful day. And the towel was loved by being used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh. Babies and fun little boys! Thankfulness! I think it is hours of work and planning and then a huge clean up. I opted to listen to the guy no one wants to listen to alone at the table, while others cleaned up. I had the harder job for sure! That glass of wine I had must have done its job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day. Pumpkin cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very simply ----- YUM! Glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete