Thursday, April 16, 2015

Stick a Fork In It


The Galliano vest is a done deal.


I hated the armhole edging so after blocking, I ripped it out. It really doesn't need any since it's still too wide in the shoulders.



 Here are the official mug shots. Back.


 Lace hem.




Front.


I was a bit meh about the whole thing until I remembered it started out looking like this....



 ....and then this. I keep thinking that this yarn could have been put to better use with a pattern more suited for wonky handspun. Oh, well. You can't win them all.





5 comments:

  1. Put it lovingly away and you will be thrilled to wear it come Fall; it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty darn good to me - I think it will look great over a long-sleeved tee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no no you have it all wrong . ITS FANTASTIC. Really I love the sublet color changes and the shape. You are going to wear it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me like a very versatile garment that will go with almost anything. And to think you made it ALL! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it - the pattern and the colour variegation. When you spend hours working on something you become a bit blind to it, I'm sure one day when you look at this with fresh eyes you'll love it too.

    ReplyDelete