Saturday, December 13, 2014

Artsy Fartsy

 Today I am at a birthday party for a dear friend who is turning 70. Yes, 70. I have a friend who is 70. How the hell did that happen?


 The hostess asked me to make some cards with the letters of her name on it so we could play a game.


 I jumped at the chance to use my new Zentangle skills and worked until the wee hours for many nights on a few of the letters-until my Advent Scarf yarn came. My friend has 15 letters in her name so I knew I was fighting a losing battle.


 I gave up and bought stick on letters from Micheal's. I wasn't willing to give up all that time to draw something that was going to end up in the trash when I could BE KNITTING.


Soon after, I got the bug to make my own Christmas cards-again. It didn't last long either. I gave up after only three tries to get one right. I had fun making the little scarves but I had something more important to be KNITTING. This year, it's all about knitting for ME. Merry Grinchmas.



2 comments:

  1. The best cure for an over-ambitious idea is try to carry it out! I'm glad you are old enough yo know when to let it go!!!!! Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine making all my Cards. Good for you for making 3! Happy knitting. Im happily knitting by the tree too

    ReplyDelete