I had a grand time starting my new crochet project, the Cosy Stripe Blanket. The tutorial over on Attic 21 is excellent. Perfect for newbies like me-I thought.
It all looked great until I tried to stretch it out. Oh no, the beginning chain was too tight and the whole things was curving. I knew what that meant- a lot of frogging. Argh......
After doing a little homework I learned that I should have used a size bigger hook to make the chain with.
My second try was better but now a bit on the floppy side. I'll live with it.
I thought I had everything under control when I noticed my ends were not lining up right. I was losing stitches somewhere. Argh.....
I got out some stitch markers to try to keep track of what was going on but it's not as easy to do this as it is in knitting. I think I figured out what is going on but only time will tell. Right now, I need a break. My head hurts.
To make myself feel better I spent the rest of the night working on something I know.
Something where stitch markers and counting actually work.
I finished the third border of purple on my mosaic sampler blanket. This I can do.