Sunday, November 16, 2014

Halfway There


 One of my Linked Birdseye towels are done.


 There is still enough warp to do another but I'm not happy about it.



I'm really over this pattern but it's not its fault. It's mine. Those floating selvedges are driving me crazy. I forgot to leave a slot on the reed for them so they are jammed in with the other threads and I have to dig them out with each and every pass of the shuttle. No fun.


I am sure that one day when all is forgiven, I will really like these towels. I do know that my lifeline trick has been like a miracle for my poor addled brain. I used to be terrified of losing my place in the draft but I can thank this brain teaser of a pattern for finally putting that fear to rest.


  I should also mention that my newest dishtowel of the month kit arrived from Cotton Clouds today.



 If I ever finish the ones I am working on, I will be making these. They are called "A Touch of Spring" and I just may be working on them come spring.


 I still have last month's kit to finish but...




...what I really want to be doing is working on my Christmas towels. I'm way behind.







1 comment:

  1. So much thread...so little you to go around! The weaving is beautiful! Our problem is we sometimes spread ourselves out with too many interests; agh, did I just say that?! It's gonna be fine...you will have them done before the thread rots, no problem!

    ReplyDelete