Monday, December 24, 2012

Last Minute Baking


 There's nothing like waiting to the last minute to make several boxes of goodies for gifting. I've been on my feet in the kitchen since around noon and at this very moment it is almost 11 pm and I am still not finished.

I would never have made it this far if I didn't have help. Since Daughter is out of town, she doesn't know it yet but I borrowed her fancy shmancy mixer. I love it. I WILL have one of my own by next Christmas.


That monster of a machine helped me knock out rum cakes....


....hello dollies...

...jam thumbprints...

...pepperment fudgies...

...gingerbread men....

 ...sugar cookie cutouts...


...nutmeg logs....

...and finally a pan of spritz. Whew.

Everything is wrapped and ready to go.


I am hitting the hay as soon as the lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner comes out of the oven. Goodness. I am worn out.



4 comments:

  1. My you have been busy - they all look yummy! Hope you get a rest over Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is a very impressive baking line up!!!!!

    I wish I could eat some and some lasagna~~~

    I have to bake some egg nog bread tomorrow...but then Im done!
    Merry merry

    ReplyDelete