Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Age of Aquarius


Last Friday night, Daughter and I went to see the Broadway revival of Hair. I have wanted to see the tribal rock-love musical ever since my parents told me I couldn't. I knew there was nudity. Real nakedness. I knew there was sex. Lots. Real nasty stuff. I have known all the lyrics since I was 14 so the foul language was no surprise either. I guess I should have warned Daughter. She spent the night with her mouth hanging open looking at me like.." wahhhh? You're kidding right?" I also should have told her that the "tribe" comes out and touches you, climbs on you and sneaks up on you. Heart stopping. You also get things thrown at you like these flowers. I loved it. For 3 whole hours I was 14 again.

1 comment:

  1. I still have those pretty little flowers sitting on my dresser - still as alive as could be.

    ReplyDelete