Saturday, October 3, 2026

A Change of Plans

 

Remember all that pretty yarn I was going to use for the Mystery Shawl KAL? I couldn't use it. You needed 8 different colors that had at least 191 yards each. My baby skeins were only 90 so at 5 am Thursday morning, after the first clue came out, I was digging through my stash like a madwoman. After seeing the color layout and watching the first video installment I realized I also needed pairs of light and dark. This is the best I could do. I'm telling myself it will have an autumn vibe and that it's been a great stash buster. That's seven balls that won't have to be socks. 



That first beige yarn is not actually from the stash. I took it out of the Stroll Pi Shawl's bag. It's been slowly growing but it's going into hibernation for a while while I tackle this new challenge. 



So how is the knitting coming along? Like this. I had to learn the icord cast on. I had to learn it several times. Now I'm dealing with short rows. It's going to be a series of triangles which I should have figured given that it's called the Color Kaleidoscope Mystery Shawl. I've had to take many deep breaths and trust the process. Thankfully, via video, Stephen West has been holding my hand through the hard parts so far. I have to say I'm very impressed with the level of support $8 gets you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment