Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Barely A Stitch

 

It was one of those kind of weeks so sitting and stitching didn't happen much since last TNT. Yesterday I made myself pick up something even if it was just for a few minutes. Mr. Kitty got a little bit more border done and the right corner of his grin.



I really had wanted to get the second half of the kitty done on this one this year but alas....after getting it all framed up I didn't have the floss. It'll have to wait until next year. 



We did a grocery pick up order yesterday morning and I almost had more things that didn't make it in the cart than did. I hope this is not an omen of what's to come this winter. I suppose I better get more toilet paper.




I did get 6 apple cider donuts. They are not as good as Wawa's but they'll do. 




Sadly my Son in Law's sweet little grandmother is in the ICU on a ventilator fighting for her life after most likely picking up Covid during a recent doctor's visit. It doesn't look good. Stay safe everybody. This thing isn't nearly done with us yet in spite of what some folks are trying to tell us. 






11 comments:

  1. So true and it's sad. My friend's husband died of Covid, and she caught it and is still ill, with migraines and loss of balance. So it's not just those who die, but all those who don't fully recover. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your son-in-law's grandmother. Sad. Love your stitching though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily, other than the first panic this spring, we haven't had too much trouble getting food items. Though I still can't seem to get any canned ravioli (Chef Boyardee), or frozen sausage rolls - two things Dave wants very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your SIL's grandma. Doctor's offices are so scary. I always feel like I leave with something worse than what I went in for. I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your SIL’s grandmother. COVID is hitting my community hard 250 new cases in the last week. It’s going to be a long slog. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sat here for a while wondering how to comment on this post; such sad news but I'm glad you wrote about it because it expresses a reality that so many are experiencing. Thankfully, my doctor's visits have all been virtual lately.
    I'm going to make myself pick up some stitching today, too. I don't want to sit idle but "making" myself do something I love lessens the joy - I won't let these things defeat me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard to know what to do. I have a cardiologist visit next week and it's my first in person visit in a year. He's insisting I come into the office and I understand why. The battery on my pacemaker needs checked and that has to be in the office. And then I have a mammogram on the 11th. Another hospital.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL's grandmother. As I know from experience, it's such a helpless feeling as a family and you can't even be with their loved one.
    Take care of yourself and keep on keeping on.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear of your Son In Laws Grandmother Covid is hitting so many right now. Stay safe! One of my husbands many Doctors said "Imagine that everyone has it." :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute kitty face! I hope you show it to us all done. That is scary that your friend is fighting for her life from a doctor appt. I have been to several doctors of late and it's downright frightening. Stay safe. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitching is always amazing! Kitty will wait for you until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no. I will pray for little grandma. It is so tough for someone older to fight Covid. Ugh.
    I love your kitty stitches.

    ReplyDelete