Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Happy Birthday Mister

Today is The Mister's birthday. He finally caught up with me. We are both now 66 and have the Medicare cards to prove it.



There's not much going on today. We usually go out to dinner down on the boardwalk to celebrate but that's not happening. The wildest thing I can do for him is thaw out a some frozen chicken that he can share with Pup for dinner. After my cupcake disaster I'm not even attempting to make him a cake.



Being stuck in isolation together for the past month or so has had its ups and downs but now that we have the ground rules understood it's not been too bad lately. He's the road runner so it's been tougher on him although I do really miss that time I would have alone while he chatted up the other oldies around the community coffee pot at the mom and pop grocer down the road.



We may not be whooping it up this year but if we stay tucked in all safe and sound for as long as need be there will be whooping in the future. He can count on it





10 comments:

  1. You guys make SUCH a cute couple. Happy birthday, Mister. Wishing you many more trips around the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to The Mister! I'm sure it was a special day even without going out. Soon. This nasty thing will be gone. I hope.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday to oThe Mister! Love that last picture of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, happy birthday! Nice to hear you are making the most of it! My DH is the same way--and being grounded most of the time has its strains but nice moments, too. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish The Mister the very Best of Birthday Days Possible from me, please! Your photos made me happy today - Sweet family during a most difficult time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your Mister! I know you’ll whip up something nice to celebrate his special day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb I adore that photo of you two!! You are so lovely!! Happy Birthday to your man. Maybe a back scratch will be a treat? Maybe hide and have him find you...with two glasses of alcohol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to The Mister! That is a cute photo of you guys. As much as I would love to be out and about, I am thankful that I am not a worker who has to be out each day. Hope the birthday dinner is a success.

    ReplyDelete