Thursday, January 9, 2020

Shut In


 The last two days have been tough. I don't have my stuff. By stuff I mean stash. When you can't get to your stash you get twitchy. At least I do. I'm stuck downstairs in the craft room where I do the messy stuff and I shouldn't be complaining. There's plenty down there to keep me busy.




I've been  popping out pages from my adult coloring books and using the printer to copy them onto watercolor paper.



This has been strangely addicting.



Someone asked me if the gouache would dry out. It hasn't. The lid snaps really tight and so far, so good. I've been having a lot of fun with it.



What I really should be doing is getting all these snowman cards finished. They are one of the ride-alongs for the giveaway this month.



I just did finish testing and wrapping the last of the soap last night. I had one big shocking soap disaster this time around-and I'll tell you all about tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Watercolors have always fascinated me but I am NOT artistic at all. Yours are so pretty and the soap is incredible.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new soap is really different-pretty!
    I never thought of printing on the watercolor paper--good thinking! Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colouring pages looks so pretty in watercolours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how the painting would be addictive! I want to visit so I can join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those coloring pages should be really fun with water colors. And your soap (as always) looks amazing!! I can't believe you had a disaster.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those water colors are such pretty colors. Your page from the coloring book looks so cheerful. I cannot believe you had a soap disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You keep busy woman! ! I Just asked Cindy at Delighted hands if she can set her blog to the current post. When I go to your blog it goes to a very old post when I found you way back when. In wordpress you can set the page to your current post when it is viewed. What am I doing wrong with you guys?? ?HELP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried coloring with colored pencils but wasn't able to do it because putting pressure on the pencils was difficult and my hands tired out. I love the idea of water coloring instead - this is something I'm absolutely going to try!
    I included one of your beautiful cards in with my bff"s Christmas present - she loved it! Your creativity is so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful soap and packaging. Ooooh a craft room all to yourself. Look out, you may never come out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I love the idea of transferring the coloring books to water color paper. I'm not the least bit capable of drawing and I'm terrible with paint but... I just might be able to handle water color coloring book pages. I'm going to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete