Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Done

 My adventures in the kitchen were not over.


 I was determined to come up with something I could bring the Grands. We are on our way over there tonight for our family get together.



This is more my speed. No one cares what the piping looks like on a pretzel.



After I cleaned up the pretzel mess I whipped up a batch of body butter for gifting. This one smells like Creamsicles and I had to remind myself not to lick the beaters. It is yummy.



My bath bomb factory is still in high gear.  I made lemon and apricot yesterday. If I can't give the neighbors my ugly cookies I can give them a fancy bomb.



And speaking of neighbors, just when I thought everything was done for the day The Mister reminded me that I had never made a card for the new young couple that live at the top of our driveway. They had brought us Halloween cupcakes and even decorated our mailbox for Christmas this year with light up stars. So I was off to the card room after dinner to come up with something using bits and bobs of things leftover. I'll pack them a bag of soap and bombs and have one more thing to check off the list.



And finally...I now have two finished Baby Yodas. I had to do the coat on the one on the left three times and I still didn't get it right but I'm over it. That one is for Daughter and if she's not happy with it I can fix it later in the week when I am at her house for my week of kitty sitting.
Whew...and with this the Christmas rush is officially over. I'm done-except for that sock I'm working on for The Mister. Oh, well....it'll give me something to do on Christmas Day when all the hustle and bustle is over.

7 comments:

  1. Those pretzels look wonderful. I love chocolate covered pretzels, that's why I didn't make any this year. I would have eaten all of them. :-)
    Those bath bombs are so pretty. Anyone would love to be given them. You are so generous to your neighbors.
    And finally, those baby Yoda's are the bomb! So cute. I'm sure both of your kids will appreciate the time and effort you put into making them.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh creamsicles! I think that's one of my favourite smells! I had a bottle of roll-on glitter that smelled like creamsicles... I was pretty darn glittery most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ohh yes pretzels dipped are divine. Salt and chocolate. Those Yodas are perfection! Love you DEB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dipped pretzels are the perfect gift for neighbors, too. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby Yodas are just adorable! My grandkids would take pretzel rods over decorated cookies every time. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making a load of wonderful still!
    Maybe later in the year on a 'just because' day, you could yarn bomb the new neighbor's mailbox!
    It would be something to talk about for a long time! lol Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you need a kitty sitting break after all you are making. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete