Monday, September 3, 2018

Scrappy

 I had plenty of two and a half inch squares that I cut from five inch charm squares but I didn't have a lot of variety. I was having a hard time not having the same ones match up in the sashing.




I went digging through Daddio's old box of charms and found lots of good contenders for this 30's reproduction quilt but....when I went to cut them up noticed that several packs were not cut correctly. Four and a half inch squares were not going to work. I was ticked.



I had to dig through more boxes but I came up with what I think is enough to make do.



There is still a lot of repetition but for a scrappy quilt I guess it will all work out in the end. I need to stop being so fussy and just get it done.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! Stop being fussy and admire the wonderful look the scrappy sashing does for the Dresden blocks! Good work on the stash diving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sashing looks nice with the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get fussy too. With my knitting for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scrappy sashing frames the Dresden blocks beautifully! It's going to be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top is absolutely perfect! Yes, you are overthinking it. You have the most wonderful stash. Look forward to seeing this complete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking fantastic.
    When quilting, I find I have to just let go and let the scraps fall where they may a lot of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think it’s going to be beautiful! Good job diving in the stash. You found some great fabrics.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those multi-color borders, but they look like so much work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love scrappy quilts however they come out. Yours is fun to see. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete