Sunday, April 15, 2018

Wild and Woolly Part 2

 All those soapy bundles of Merino got rinsed and then dumped in dye.



 It had yellowed pretty badly so I decided to just go with it for a colorway.



All of my warm colors got represented.


 As it dried I just pulled out a chunk, teased it out with my fingers and spun it.


It's a low tech spin and it's working out pretty well considering the condition of the fleece. It's nice and clean now.


It was a great day. Any day I get to work with fleece and spin outside is a very good day. A nice frosty lager on a hot day only made it better.



10 comments:

  1. Easter egg colors! So right for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! Sometimes, I really want to learn how to spin. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors are beautiful! Yesterday was a lovely day outdoors; everyone I spoke to seemed to be smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is beautiful Debra. You are so talented. And spinning outside? You are one lucky lady. We had snowflakes again today although they aren’t sticking around.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty awesome! Can't wait to see what it becomes. You are so talented and I love seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot day? It's below freezing and snowing here!
    You chose the right colors for that fleece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You amaze me with all you do and this post is more of the same. I am in awe of your talents. And Yes, Little Buddy loved his lion soap, he used it in his bath on Friday and will do so again today. He was very sad when all the white portion of his gingerbread boy soap was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sure are SPRING colors! But what happened? 40 degrees cooler today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that coloured fluff is such a cheering sight! (It's currently white, wet and cold here :( )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I can't wait to see this new spring yarn knit up! Also can't believe you were doing all this outside...it's really, really wet here.

    ReplyDelete