I had this great idea to make a gardener's bar of soap after The Mister and I came in muddy handed after doing some spring planting in the flower beds.
I went looking for a recipe that had some grittiness to it. I found one that involved corn grits. Bad idea.
I don't know if it was the grits (that sunk right to the bottom) or the cocoa powder I added to look like a dirt dusting but the whole thing was a icky, sticky mess. I'm also sure the tomato powder didn't help. It might have been this particular base. It was the new-to-me Crafter's Choice brand. It took forever to set up. It was no fun to work with-at least not in a loaf mold for layers.
As nasty as it was to work with, it does produce amazing lather and smells wonderful.
I don't usually use bar soap in the kitchen but it has been rather handy having it around. Good thing. I've got a lot of it to use up.