I am totally flabbergasted by the fact that I have my first ever chain plying success story to share. Most of my posts are centered around me whining about my failures but for once I am doing a big old happy dance because something worked out better than expected.
It took me almost a week to ply my Vegetable Medley singles. I took my time for a change and it shows.
Usually I spin singles for days and days and then think I should be able to ply in one sitting. So wrong. Also for the first time, I was able to get my hands into a comfortable rhythm and it helped with the consistency. I found that if I pulled from the side instead of straight back towards me, it slowed the entry into the orifice which gave me more time to get the yarn to twist the way I wanted it to. I should have gotten a photo of that for my own future reference. Next time.
Now I have to search for a pattern. I want this to be a rectangular shawl but since it is a 3 ply, with long and irregular color repeats, the search may take a while.